Sunday, February 19, 2012

This week's Shopper Watch

Met a friend for tea today - requisite Starbucks meetup, but just two doors down from a new-to-me home decor store: Urban Home. Finished tea time and headed over with the trusty iPhone for a some photographic notes.

I IMMEDIATELY loved this look. Not the piece specifically (although it's completely workable!), but I loved the shot of color on the inside. In this scenario a terrific marine blue. Great color, btw...not quite navy, but not quite teal. Just reminds me of the deepest blue of the ocean.




...and here's the companion bed ensemble. In the photo, I think it looks like the blue/brown combo of the last decade, but in person? Much richer with a bit of black thrown in to give is some visual weight. The combo of black and blue and brown was simply smashing.









And remember our "color of the year"?? It looks like Urban Home got the memo! Tangerine Dream!



Fur Throw? Just fine!



Brown and Orange and Red? Well, okay I suppose but reminds me of my childhood (you know, the seventies?? Dates me!) But still...nice.



Here's the easiest way to introduce orange: nice, safe pillows. What girl can't handle a few of those? More?





How about vases, throws and those goofy little (what do we do with them?) ceramic balls. Art is nice.


Still a little scared? Flowers are an easy fix!

Location:Urban Home, Westlake Village, Ca.

1 comment:

LOBeanie said...

Not too sure about tangerine and brown.. Tangerine and purple yes, love it!! Love the flowers!! :)